Monday, December 3, 2012

Where I'm At

This past Sunday I ran in the 34th Annual City of Palms River Run 10k, I finished with a chip time of 1:14:21.  My goal for the race was 1:15:00 so I beat that.  The only problem I had with the race was the Florida hills, for those that don't know the hills are also known as bridges.  The first one wasn't bad and didn't slow me up but the second one at mile 5 was a killer and killed my pace, could have finished in under 1:10 with out the hills.  Using the time calculaters that are out there it works out that I should be able to do the half in under 2:45:00.  I am very happy with my progress and I think I'm doing good and hope to keep improving.

This has turned into a habit for me and something that I hope to always keep doing.  I have already decided to do a second half marathon in March.  I will keep running races and trying to improve for as long as I can.  I may train to do a full marathon in 2014 and who knows what after that.

I'm very happy I have friends that are behind me and supporting me in my effort.  I'm not sure I could do it with out them and my family.  Thank you all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment