Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving and more

Last week was Thanksgiving and I have much to be thankful for, my family and friends the most.  Without them I would not be able to make the journey that I am on.  So for them thank you and all that you do.

Well on to running, I had an interesting run Tuesday night, I got lost.  It wasn't to bad I had decided to try something new and didn't turn where I was suppose to.  I figured it out and turned around and made it home in one piece.  Then on Thursday I did the 33rd Annual Cape Coral Turkey Trot, winded up with a chip time of  36:43.16.  I was happy with my time.  The thing that made me very happy and proud is that Rhonda and Ashlee did the 5k walk and completed it.  They may not sound like a great feat but it is since just four months and two days before Rhonda had knee replacement surgery.  Ashlee was a great daughter and walked with her Mom giving support.

Finally on Sunday I did my longest run yet, eleven miles in 2:17:50.  I am very happy with that.  I finally got what I need to do using the Galloway method.  Instead of thinking I have to run eleven miles I just think I have to run two minutes then I have a break.  I know I can run for two minutes so what is the big deal, then just remind myself of this every time a run segment starts.

Seven weeks until Disney!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment